Sadhana is a Sanskrit word that means a daily spiritual practice. It is a disciplined surrendering of the ego. Sadhana is a tool we can use to connect with our inner wisdom so that we may step more fully into our authentic self and live in alignment with our dharma.
While meditating any amount of time is beneficial, here are six reasons why meditation on a daily basis can be so transformative:
1. It is a gift to your healing and a commitment to yourself.
2. The more you practice, the greater the benefits.
3. Studies show that meditating just 10 minutes a day reduces stress, lowers cortisol levels, and improves your outlook on life.
4. It is like working out your muscles at the gym, except meditation works out your brain. We are training our minds through meditation so that stress responses simply can’t take over.
5. A regular meditation practice boosts your immune system.
6. A regular meditation practice reduces stress, anxiety and worry. It helps to release you of irrelevant habits, doubts and limiting beliefs start to fade away.
If you are interested in cultivating a regular meditation practice, but don't know where to start, or are seeking some motivation and accountability to restart your practice, I invite you to check out my online offerings. Learn more about my group offerings here.